My dog stinks- and so does yours! We love our pets but lets face it- dogs shed (and stink), cats have litter boxes (and stink), birds have droppings (stinky), fish tanks, reptiles, bunnies, hamsters…. They all stink! Here is a quick pet odor eliminators guide to help you sell your home
1. No drool here
- Have the carpets professionally cleaned and don’t forget to have the furniture steam cleaned at the same time.
- Scrub, scrub, scrub, Ceramic tile and hardwood floors! Get to those baseboards too where pet dander and hair can hide
2. Don’t smell a thing
- Good excuse to paint! Like smoke, odors can embed themselves. Slap on a new coat of paint to freshen up your home and update it at the same time
- Change your furnace filter and have your air filters and duct work cleaned by a professional
3. Where is Fido
- Keep stress off Fifi by taking them with you for a showing. It also keeps stress off buyers who aren’t so pet friendly and keeps the pet friendly buyers focussed on the home. If you can’t take pets with you, try a doggy daycare, grandma or a neighbor/friend
- Doggy beds, scratching posts, litter boxes, toys, bowls and cages should all be put away
- Poop patrol in the backyard before every showing. No one wants doggy do do on their stocking feet
What tips do you have on how to help with pet odors? Leave us a message on our facebook page!
– Steffie Brenner